I am in the midst of a crisis. I have a case of the winter blahs. I get at least one case per year, normally after the new year. Every year I suffer from the same misconception, the coming of January is equal to the end of winter. This, in Minnesota, can not be further from the truth. Winter starts in October and has no guarantee of ending until May (until then the average temperatures stay below 50). My delusions have caught up to me. Instead of indulging myself in a gallon of hot cocoa, I have decided to resist the urge to wallow. I will conquer my winter blahs. My fool-proof plan consists of the following:
1. Plan a tropical getaway (and forget that I won't be going on it)
2. Focus on fixing some serious design issues in my home.
3. Start working out (my gym is opening the second week of March)
4. Steal my Mother's socks. She has tons of smartwool socks, the best for these wintry times.
5. Start to break out more of my summer clothes and integrate them into my winter wardrobe.
How can I fail with such a well laid plan?
In attempts to prevail against the winter blues, I have already started to implement the program. I started with #5 and, by the end of the day, I hope to accomplish #4.
I know, I know, I wore this skirt last week. All I can say is that I really love new purchases.
Top: Anthropologie (unknown name and brand, the tag has a heart on it)
Skirt: Anthropologie field skirt
Shoes: Gibbson Taupe by Mudd
Tights: Calvin Klein (I added them before I had to face the tundra)
P.S.-I just realized that I look a little Vanna Whitish, displaying my thermostat!