Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reviews: Wisteria Wishes

I recently stopped into my local Anthropologie.
I wanted to try on a few beauts that have been catching my eye. 
One in particular was the Wisteria Halter dress.


I really wanted to love this dress. I've spent hours oogling it online, as well as on other bloggers. Sadly this wasn't a great fit for me.
This is a size 12, which fit perfectly on top, but was too large in my waist and hips. 
I imagine that if I belted this dress, the fit problems in the lower quadrant would be fixed, but I truly don't want to purchase a dress for 148.00 that has to be belted. 
The quality was quite nice, it was lined and felt substantial. The colors are amazing. I love the print. The back is adorable and unique. I feel this would be a great dress for a summer wedding or garden party. In winter I would  pair it with some dark purple tights and a dark green cardi (maybe purple, or yellow?). 
Due to an undying love of the print and the back, if this dress goes on sale I'll get it. 
Until then, I can stop pining.

p.s-thanks for the well wishing, I'm currently off the Robitussin but not out of the woods yet. The lesson in this is get a flu shot ( my mom told me as much and I defiantly refused "I'm a youngster with the health of a horse" right, until the year of the consistently cold prone.).

16 comments:

  1. That is such a super cute dress! I had to go anthro website to check out the back. When it's on sale, go for it! (Maybe a good friend could borrow it after the newness runs out?) Plus, maybe rather than a belt, a little nip tuck alteration would fix that too big problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a Beautiful dress. You should definitely get it if it goes on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The print on that is so lovely! I've also been drooling over it online - it's just so pretty.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pretty dress and I would definitely snag it if it hits the sale rack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty dress and its on my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That print is really pretty. I hope it goes on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty print! I'm sure it will eventually make it to sale, as almost every item does. I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Drink lots of fluids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is amazing and you should totally get it, sweetie
    Happy day, muah

    Ps: Hope you had a chance to enter in my GIVEAWAY! You can win 5 cool art posters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! Why not get the dress and belt it? Did you at least try it with a belt? The print is gorgeous. I would go for it, but I have issues with halters. Flu shot is so important. Just think how many people you may have spread it to, that also didn't get a flu shot. My Mom is an RN and gives me her "scare daughter" lecture ever year. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of the green tights and purple cardigan for winter. Maybe the dress will be on summer clearance! Thanks for coming by my blog earlier and commenting. Come back and visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty color combo on you! I hope you're feeling better - and I can't talk to the BF at all about a flu shot, he is vehemently against them for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress, and nice colouring for you- wait and see if it goes to sale! It must help to get to try it on to know what you think of it! I end up obsessing over things because I can't try them on first...the dream is usually just a little bit better than the reality!

    ReplyDelete
  13. woman, you and i seem to be kindred spirits. I just recently discovered CocoRosie, and I am IN LOVE WITH THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's annoying that this particular dress just wasn't as amazing in person as it was online. But that print and those colors are going to be everywhere this season - bet you'll find the perfect match someplace else.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, no point in spending almost $150 on a dress that isnt the perfect fit- but if it goes on sale then all bets are off. I love the colors and print- this would be easy to remix through the seasons with the right tights/cardis. Great review! I love on-line shopping but sometimes it's such a gamble and there's no substitute for trying things on in person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look like a spring flower gardeN! I just wish I could afford Anthropologie. I hope it goes on sale so you can buy it and I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete