What to do when you receive this award:Thank those you gave you the award and link their blogs in your post. List seven things about yourself and award this to seven recently discovered bloggers and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award.
1. I have a really difficult time making and sticking to decisions. I frequently return things. I've changed career paths too many times to count.
2. I am 100% terrified of snakes. The recent Egyptian cobra escape has heightened my fears. I've actually been having nightmares about snakes. In the most recent dream a boa constrictor (think Anaconda size) coiled itself around me and sank its fangs into my shoulder. The boa was in cahoots with the escaped cobra, allowing the snake to hypnotically sway in front of me before the cobra finished me off with a fatal bite to the neck.
3. I broke my ankle when I was 16, but didn't realize it until I sprained the same ankle about a year later. I think sprains truly are more painful than breaks.
4. About once a week I lose my cell phone or my phone charger.
5. I'm presenting research on the stigma of ADHD (specifically how to manipulate it) in Chicago in May. I'm extremely excited and incredibly nervous to present in such a forum.
6. I've gone on numerous mission trips with my church. The most memorable trip was in Cortez Colorado aiding the Ute people. I have never forgot the lessons I've learned on these trips and hope to go on more.
7. I'm incredibly afraid that I will one day become a hoarder. Basically every member of my family is one. I already see signs of trouble. I have clothing from high school, books from childhood, and boxes of travel mementos (like shampoo and lotion from a trip to France ten years ago, is that even good anymore?). I'm trying to institute a rule, every new thing brought in means one old thing must go. It is slowly killing my soul.
Now to finish up I'm supposed to tag seven recently discovered bloggers. Because I took my sweet time in responding to this award many of my new favorite bloggers have already been tagged. So I've come up with a shorter list of bloggers.
1) Laura from the Blog of Worldly Delights
2) That Damn Green Dress
3) Courtney Erin from Sartorial Sidelines